1. During a government meeting on Wednesday, Prime Minister Denis Shmygal announced the lifting of the weekend quarantine, at least for the next weekend, December 5 and 6. These days, general quarantine restrictions will operate in Ukraine, which also apply on weekdays: "The rules of the orange quarantine zone will operate throughout Ukraine on all days," Shmyhal said.
2. China on Tuesday has successfully landed a spacecraft on the lunar surface as part of historic mission to retrieve lunar surface samples, Chinese state media reported. The mission will attempt to deliver 2kg of samples from a previously unvisited area on the lunar lava plain known as the Ocean of Storms. In addition, China has deployed its national flag on the moon as part of the Changʼe 5 mission.
3. On November 30, a video appeared on Facebook, the author of which claims that on it the deputies of the Syrtivskaya UTO, together with the head of the community, sang the Hungarian anthem after the oath. Also, the community announced the inaction of law enforcement officers in this regard. On December 1, the Security Service of Ukraine launched an investigation. The incident caused an international outcry.
4. On December 3, the President of Ukraine appointed Yurii Gusev as General Director of the State Corporation "Ukroboronprom". At his first press conference, the newly appointed official announced that the state concern Ukroboronprom would cease to exist in 2021.
5. The UK becomes the first country in the world to approve the Pfizer / BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine for general use. Vaccination will begin next week, the first will be the elderly and wards of closed institutions. This week, December 5, a mass vaccination against coronavirus with the Russian vaccine began in Moscow.