- The 400-meter container ship Ever Given, which blocked the Suez Canal, was taken aground. On March 29, the container ship was freed, but by that time, 422 merchant ships had accumulated on both sides of the canal.
- US President Joseph Biden held his first telephone conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. In a telephone conversation with his Ukrainian counterpart Volodymyr Zelenskyy, Biden reaffirmed Washington's commitment to supporting Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity. This was reported by the press service of the White House.
- The National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine at a meeting on April 2 introduced personal sanctions against the top 10 smugglers of Ukraine. Also, dozens of employees of regional departments of the State Customs Service of Ukraine were suspended from work.
- During the day in Ukraine, the Covid-19 infection was confirmed in more than 20 thousand people, 433 infected died. Earlier, the mayor of Kiev Vitaliy Klitschko said that from April 5, schools and kindergartens will be closed in the city, cafes will only work for takeaway.
- On March 28, at the age of 82, Donetsk Ukrainian philosopher Igor Trofimovich Pasko died.