1. Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping held talks on December 15 and discussed security in the Asia-Pacific region. During the negotiations, the parties acknowledged that the Russian Federation and the PRC have entered a new model of cooperation, characterized by unprecedented trust and mutual respect.
2. On Wednesday, December 15, Russia handed over to the United States a list of requirements for security guarantees, demanding from NATO written guarantees that it would not expand further to the East. The list was handed over to US Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs Karen Donfried, who flew to Moscow from Kiev.
3. On Saturday, December 18, a video appeared in which Petro Poroshenko was running away from the investigator of the State Bureau of Investigation. Later it was reported that the former president of Ukraine had left the country. The incident is related to the investigation of the high treason case.
4. US President Joe Biden on Thursday signed a bill to raise the government debt limit by $ 2.5 trillion - to $ 31.4 trillion. Earlier, the head of the US Treasury, Janet Yellen, reported that if the limit is not increased by December 15, the country will default.
5. President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy, who arrived in Brussels for the Eastern Partnership summit, held meetings with President of the European Council Charles Michel and other European politicians.