1. The government of Ukraine announced the declaration of an emergency in the Donetsk, Ternopol and Kharkov regions, where cases of coronavirus were confirmed. In addition, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine announced the introduction of an emergency regime in Kiev, Dnipropetrovsk, Ivano-Frankivsk, Chernivtsi, Zhytomyr and Kiev regions.
2. In connection with the pandemic of the new coronavirus, the largest sports competitions in the world are canceled. In particular, the World Hockey Championship, which was to be held in Zurich and Lausanne from May 8 to 24, will not take place; UEFA postponed Euro 2020 for a year; The national Olympic committees of several countries are asking the IOC to postpone the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo.
3. On the morning of March 22, 2020, there are about 310 thousand infected with COVID-19 in the world, more than 13 thousand have died, 95.8 thousand have recovered.
4. On March 18, the price of oil fell to a minimum since November 2003: at 16:36 Kyiv time, Brent crude was trading at $ 26.6 per barrel, the price of WTI fell to $ 24.2.
5. North Korea launched its third short-range ballistic missile launch this year. They flew from 300 to 400 km towards Japan, but did not reach the country's exclusive economic zone in the Sea of Japan.
Read also:Italy's economic problems may bury euro
Coronavirus pandemic could open the door to “fragmented globalization”