1. A new year 2021 has come. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy addressed the nation in a video that caused a mixed reaction in society.
2. On New Year's Eve, Great Britain officially left the European Union, the transition period ended, and new rules of economic relations between London and Brussels came into force.
3. The US Congress overturned the veto of President Donald Trump, imposed on the country's draft defense budget for the 2021 fiscal year. After his veto was overturned, Trump tweeted: "Our Republican-majority Senate missed the opportunity to get rid of section 230, which gives big tech companies unlimited power."
4. Bitcoin broke the historical record for value. The growth in the price of the cryptocurrency amounted to almost 15% per day, after which one bitcoin became equal to $ 34,102.
5. Following the meeting of the National Security and Defense Council on Tuesday, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy decided to remove from office the head of the Constitutional Court Alexander Tupitsky for two months.