1. President Zelensky has disconnected three popular TV channels from broadcasting: 112 Ukraine, NewsOne and ZIK. The media holding, to which they belong, declares about "political reprisals against unwanted media."
2. The WHO reported a slowdown in the spread of coronavirus. Countries' efforts to tackle the pandemic, educating the public about protective measures, training health workers and vaccination campaigns played a role in this.
3. From February 1, the cost of natural gas will decrease in Ukraine - prices are limited at UAH 6.99 per cubic meter for household consumers. The order will be valid until the end of the quarantine or until the end of the heating season.
4. In his keynote speech on February 4, President of the United States Joe Biden called China and Russia the main opponents of the United States and promised to focus on protecting the rights of women, children, people with special needs and the LGBTQ+ community.
5. Ukraine has resumed import of electricity from Russia on February 1. From 12:00 to 15:00 and from 20:00 to 21:00, 200 MWh will be purchased every hour. From 21:00 to 23:00 - 100 MWh per hour.