1. 270 deputies of the Verkhovna Rada supported the adoption of the "anti-Colomian" bill in the second reading. This was the last condition of the IMF to provide Kiev with a new financing program.
2. On May 11, Ukraine entered into force the first stage of the weakening of quarantine, introduced in connection with the epidemic of coronavirus. In particular, it is allowed to visit parks and squares, as well as playgrounds and sports grounds on the street. In addition, dentistry, beauty salons and hairdressers can work, the activities of notaries, lawyers, psychologists are restored. Also, summer areas of cafes and shops in the mall can work.
3. The ambassadors of the G7 countries spoke positively about the medical reform, contrary to the criticism voiced by the President of Ukraine Vladimir Zelensky. Shortly before this, the Atlantic Council was of the opinion that the prosecution of Ulyana Suprun would “surprise” the United States and Europe.
4. US President Donald Trump has threatened a complete severance of US relations with China. He expressed this threat on Fox Business on Thursday, May 14.
5. President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky put into effect the decision of the National Security and Defense Council of May 14, which imposes sanctions on some Russian cultural, educational and scientific institutions, as well as public organizations. In particular, the Hermitage, the Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts and the Lomonosov Moscow State University came under sanctions.