1. India, with a population approaching 1.4 billion, is experiencing a critical outbreak of coronavirus. The number of cases per day exceeded 400,000 people, the deaths - more than 4,000 per day. There is a severe shortage of oxygen equipment and hospital beds in the country.
2. On May 5-6, a visit of American diplomats headed by the US Secretary of State to Ukraine took place. Anthony Blinken met with the President of Ukraine and said that Ukraine now faces two main challenges: external forces, such as Russia, and internal ones, "such as oligarchs and powerful individuals who pursue their own narrow interests."
3. On Friday, May 7, clashes broke out between Israeli security forces and Palestinians on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. 17 police officers and about 205 Palestinians injured, more than half of whom are in Jerusalem hospitals
4. On Monday in Warsaw, the presidents of Poland, Estonia, Ukraine, Latvia and Lithuania signed a joint declaration aimed at jointly overcoming "modern threats to common security."
5. In Ukraine today, May 9, is the Day of Victory over Nazism in World War II.